Verse of the Day!

Monday, June 13, 2005

Bear Fun

Baylor sporting events have always been a part of our lives. Mike has only missed one home football game in his life (when he was 3 months old). He has every Baylor media guide from 1997 to the present. What is crazy is that he has them MEMORIZED! Until this year, we have gone to BU games just to have somewhere to go--cheap entertainment if you will. Many times the boys wanted to go to the games to see the OTHER team play. Today was different! We went to see the Bears beat Clemson to win a trip to the College World Series. It was so exciting. At one point, The Dad took the boys to play on the hill. Stephanie was asleep on my lap. As I sat watching the game alone I thought to myself, I really like this game and I actually understand what is going on. I even found myself giving the umpire a piece of my mind. It was a great way to spend an afternoon!

The Dad decided since he was sweaty he couldn't return to work. So we took a family trip to the Waco Water Park. Yes, Waco actually has a great water park!

Did I mention that we started out the day with VBS? I am awed by the fact that there are kids in our room who may not know the love of Christ and by the end of this week their lives can be changed. I can't wait to see what God has in store for these young ones.

I ended this day with a PTA meeting. The Dad reminded me that this is summer and that school is out. I am perfectly aware of this. I think it is fun to keep in touch with school over the summer! There is actually a lot of work to be done.

::EDIT::

The Dad here, doing the techie things, like adding links that The Mom is still trying to figure out. She told me that we need to figure out how to add pictures. I told her that she needs to re-phrase that. I told her that I know how to add pics; what she really wants is for me to add them...

And I did hear her admit that she actually enjoyed the game beyond the family time that we enjoyed? Would she have gone to the game without me? Hmmm... Questions to ponder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>