Verse of the Day!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Summer of Sabers

It's The Mom again! Summer is certainly a reality for the Family of Five. The kids have been going to bed later and later every night. Last night they were up even as the 10:00 news was coming on. Mike had a pizza party to celebrate the end of Little League season. I couldn't be more excited the season is over. What an experience it has been! I am most certainly a Woodway Family Center kind of mom. I am overjoyed that my husband will get to come home from work and we will get to sit down and have a meal as a family again. I am sure that my children will miss Bush's chicken, Mr.Gatti's and all the other quick dinners we have survived on for the last several months.

Harry had blood work done today. He is so brave. Not a tear was shed. Mike got the heebie-jeebies and had to leave the room before the needle even came out! Of course, we didn't hear from the doctor today. I didn't expect we would.

Harry dressed yesterday for his last baseball game but said all along he wasn't going to play. When we got to the game, Harry realized that the game would be forfeited if he didn't play. The dad strongly urged him to play (for the sake of the team). I thought we shouldn't push him because he had a rough day and just wasn't himself. Harry played and really gave it his all. He made his 3rd unassisted double play of the season and got all 3 outs in one inning while playing in the pitching position. My heart was filled with great joy to see Harry smile and jump around the way he usually does.

We have turned into a Star Wars home. We now have 4 lightsabers, a Darth Vader mask/voice changer and several action figures. Even Stephanie has turned to the dark side. She looks like a real live bobble head as she walks around the house with the Darth mask saying "you don't know the powers of the dark side." I just don't get the fascination with this movie that was written in such a weird order. Poor dad, he tries to explain it to me but I don't think I will ever get it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>