Verse of the Day!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Top Jobs

Okay, so maybe I don't have one of the top jobs as rated by CNN but I do enjoy what I do. Well, most of the time. I am embarassed to say but today I threatened to send Drew to a border town near Mexico for the summer. Anyone know of a border town who needs an eight year old who needs an attitude adjustment and to work hard to begin to appreciate his very easy and comfortable life? Why don't kids appreciate anything these days? I think some people are naturally more grateful than others. I see that in our three kiddos anyway. I know I was pretty selfish as a kid (you are nodding your head, aren't you mom?). Most kids are I guess but this child has crossed the line.

It was a hard day being a mom. It's days like this when I think being a full time Dietitian sounds pretty good. Speaking of being a dietitian, I've have some real eye opening experiences so far at Baylor. I have learned things that I never knew about college girls and to think I was one. I was part of an Eating Disorders forum last night (past my bedtime I might add). The funny thing was that I was part of the panel of experts!!! Imagine that.

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 8:54 AM, Blogger Papa Steve said...

Looking at the top 50 list though, you came in at number 40, that's not bad. My job is not even on the list, although I am not sure exactly what it is I do.

As far as kids appreciating what they have, I don't think that is just a 'these days' occurence. Kids just generally have always taken for granted that which they have.

 
At 4/21/2006 6:47 AM, Blogger texasinafrica said...

I'd be glad to show Drew what life's like for kids in the Congo - but perhaps that's not the most constructive approach. I will pray for his attitude and for your patience - you're great parents!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>