Verse of the Day!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Ahhh...Relaxation!

I'm back from sunny Arizona. The trip was fabulous! I learned so much and met some wonderful professionals from all over the country (and Canada too)! Our group was really diverse. There were people from California, Idaho, Minnesota, Illinois, Tennesse, Alabama and Texas. I think I had more to learn than anyone else there. They were talking in acronymns and vocabulary that is still so new to me. I've been a dietitian for almost 13 years now but I still feel like a newbie when it comes to this specialty area. The Ranch was beautiful and so relaxing. You can tell that the staff really enjoy what they do.Besides the professional visit, the benefits were overwhelming. We were given top notch treatment by Ranch hostess, Linda Christ. The meals were wonderful and the hotel rooms were comfy and QUIET! I mean QUIET! The first night I just sat... and enjoyed the peace and quiet. The second night, we stayed at the Hilton in Phoenix. Most of our group met for dinner and enjoyed recapping the highlights of our trip. I read a book written by one of our group members called Living with Ed. It was so good. The last time I read a whole book of MY choice was sometime before the turn of the century. I even started a second book called Intuitive Eating which is amazingly good. Saturday morning, I ordered room service and hung out in bed as long as possible. I had to savor each moment of this delightful trip. Opportunities like this don't happen very often to a mom of three young kids. I came home in a state of euphoria. I was glad to be home. I missed Mark and the kids. It didn't take long though to remember why moms need a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>