Verse of the Day!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Conversation Hearts

As Mark mentioned last year on this very blog, I have a love for Necco brand conversation hearts. I've always loved those little things. I am not much of a chocolate fan but I can put those little fat free, sodium free puppies away! It is true that I stock up on them after Valentine's day and store them in my freezer for enjoyment year round. This year might be different because we no longer have an extra freezer in the garage.

This year I have done a little research on this delightful confectionery. Did you know that Necco will make 8 BILLION of those hearts this year? The small hearts have 3 calories, 6 for the bigs ones. There are 10 new sayings added each year. You can buy an entire production with 80 customized saying for a mere $7,000. That is 6 flavors AND your own words on 1.6 Million hearts. Did you hear that Mark!!! You are limited to two four letter words on the small hearts and two five letter words on the big hearts. I have already begun my list: More Harts, Only 3cal, UMak Dinnr, Taxi Lady, NeedA Brake, Date Pleze, Plan Trip, Hire Help, Need Sleep. I'd love to hear your suggestions. I am the only one who likes these things? The only flavor I do not like is the green one. What flavor is that anyway?

Edit by Mark: I've added the obligatory links and yes, you've told me that I could buy you $7,000 worth of hearts. Sadly, though, we didn't win the lottery, so they will have to wait. And, since I wrote about these last year, we've officially been doing this for a year. The inaugural post was on February 7, 2005 (remember to translate the names).

1 Comments:

At 2/10/2006 4:09 PM, Blogger Papa Steve said...

I, for one, have never really cared for the conversation hearts. They are too sweet. I prefer tangy things like sweet-tarts.

I do remember necco wafers, from when I was little, there was a candy shop that we would go to that sold those, and the necco candy dots, that were little drops of the candy on rolls of paper, and you would pull them off of the paper to eat them, and usually eat quite a bit of paper as well.

ahhhh... nostalgia, one of the benefits of getting old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>