Verse of the Day!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

My hometown--Waco

When I moved to Waco in 1989 to attend Baylor, I must say I wasn't very impressed. Leaving Houston, a city filled with malls, restaurants and entertainment for a city with three restaurants and blinking lights at 9:00 didn't thrill me (okay maybe it wasn't THAT bad). Needless to say, Waco has blossomed over the years and I have really grown to love it. I think it is the perfect size for our family. I love that we can get anywhere we need to go in less than 20 minutes. I guess the city of Waco thinks that we are so sold on living here that they can use our youngest child to promote this great city.

I do miss the arts and entertainment of a big city. This weekend we are off to the big city to see Annie.

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 6:07 PM, Blogger texasinafrica said...

Wow! Not only is Lindsay cute, she's also famous! Thanks for a smile!

 
At 1/13/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger TheCrazySquirrel said...

You forgot to mention how Houston was not only filled with malls, restaurants, and entertainment, but filled with Smog, Pollution, and Traffic. Waco's like Houston without all the bad stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>