Verse of the Day!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving

The last Baylor football game of the season was actually fun. We moved the ball. We scored. Just like a real football team. Great job, Shawn! The boys had a blast with their friends. Evan really lucked out because he got to have 3 friends as his guests! Counting cousins and siblings, we had nine kids in our "party." We had BIG FUN!!!

I am ready for Thanksgiving but I feel like I have been giving thanks for months now. I don't need a holiday to remind me that I have a lot to be thankful for this year! God has brought us through so much in one year. I am thankful for the normal stuff that we all take for granted---a comfortable home, cars that run, food in the fridge, fresh air to breath, a wonderful husband, Mark's job... the list goes on and on. This year, I have learned not to take health for granted. I never imagined a year ago that my 5 year old would suddenly have serious health issues. Through those issues, we have seen God's power. We have learned how to completely depend on Him. I am most thankful for the trials of 2005. Without the trials, I don't think I would realize the extent of God's love for us. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; MY CUP RUNS OVER! Psalm 23, 4,5

1 Comments:

At 11/26/2005 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Brit! Same back at 'cha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>