Verse of the Day!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ridin' in Salado

Turkey day in Salado was wonderful. Stagecoach Inn was filled to the brim. It was a perfect opportunity for Drew to demonstrate his newly acquired etiquette. He is most impressed with the itty bitty shrimp fork. I will be most impressed if they can get him to eat with utensils. His final exam will be dining with proper etiquette at Ridegewood Country Club. (enjoy, son- it's your only chance to eat there! -mm)

We helped Mark's parents decorate their lovely Salado home for the Christmas Tour of Homes. If you are close to Salado this weekend, you won't want to miss checking out these houses.





While in Salado, Mark taught the boys to ride their bikes. Drew has not had any interest in learning and Evan has always been intimidated with the hills around our house. They caught on quickly. I'm sure it was due to having a great squad of cheerleaders (cousins) (check out the cheerleader link. really. it's funny. -mm). I am just glad to finally have this milestone under their belts. I guess you can't do EVERYTHING early!



Update: Evan continues to have daily outbursts. I am praying for patience. I need the Holy Spirit to refresh me. I really have to work at casting my cares upon HIM. Drew competes Thursday in UIL Spelling and Number Sense (against 4th graders!). I pray he has a sense of peace during the test, that he will do his best and that he is able to make the transition from spelling to math in a 15 minute break. Lindsay is cute as usual. I think she's offically given up naps! (Bummer!) Mark is still going strong with his running schedule. I don't know how he does it!

edit: Regina told me I had lots of place to my "link thing" so I have obliged...

4 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 9:32 AM, Blogger TheCrazySquirrel said...

why did you link to tourism turkey?? You should have just linked to MINTG.COM. I made it!

 
At 12/01/2005 9:50 AM, Blogger Papa Steve said...

"Hello, my name is Mark, and I am a Linkoholic."

That is a great picture of Evan on the bike, he looks so serious. Being as I was the kid who learned to tie his own shoes in the third grade, I am comforted that not everything comes easy to your kids.

We will continue to pray for his healing, and for your peace.

 
At 12/01/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger mark said...

to make cliff happy (isn't that important to all of us?) and make him feel better about his web design skills, i changed the turkey link. i should have just linked to a regular ol' ugly turkey (i'm glad they cut the head off before i eat it) and been done with it.

 
At 12/02/2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Papa Steve said...

Silly man? Is that an oxymoron?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>