Verse of the Day!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Fun in the Hospital

Evan and I have now been indoors for 38 straight hours. Evan has been wonderful. At least I've gotten to get out of the room. I even went downstairs to the lobby to get a paper this morning. Evan, though, has been confined to a "ponytail" that's about 15 feet long. It's long enough to get him to the bathroom and to look out the window. We've read, played games, and watched several movies- Willow, Batman Forever, Star Wars: The Phanton Menace, Honey I Blew up the Kid, and Home Alone. I may have missed one or two.

Here's Evan before we ever got started. I tried to get him to walk the halls so he'd know what was going on around him, but he decided he would rather wait in bed.


This is Shawn putting the electrodes on Evan's head. They use some pretty heavy duty glue. Turns out Shawn goes to First Baptist Irving, so we talked about the Durhams. Small world.


Evan really doesn't like the smell of the glue:


The one good thing about this place is the food. You can order as much, and as often, as you want, though we limited ourselves to three meals a day. Evan's enjoyed it...


We saw Evan's doctor yesterday evening and at lunch time today. The preliminary reports have been good. We (meaning Regina) will give a more detailed report in the next few days. Turns out his doctor's son will be a freshman at Baylor in the fall, so I think our next appointment is at halftime of the Parent's Weekend game. It'll save us the drive.

A huge thanks to my parents who took Drew and Lindsay home after Baylor spanked Michigan in softball so that Regina could come up here. Also, huge thanks to my brother Paul for taking Drew to the softball game and then driving Regina up here even though it probably added an extra hour or more to his drive. Evan was so excited to see Regina he could hardly contain himself. I was excited, too, but I had to play it cool...

2 Comments:

At 5/26/2007 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We go to First Baptist Irving (mostly). Does anyone need a place to sleep at night not in a hospital? Want me to bring up some more movies? We live in Irving, just let me know.

 
At 5/28/2007 12:08 PM, Blogger regina said...

thanks for the offer. we got out of there as soon as possible. we hope to not have to do this again until next summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>