Verse of the Day!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Update on Evan

I spoke with Evan's Pediatric Neurologist today. We've seen some problems lately. I hope that our erratic summer schedule is to blame. We have some decisions to make regarding Evan's care soon. We could surely use God's guidance in making the right decision. We want Evan to have fun and just be a kid but he also has to be sure to get adequate sleep and take his medicine in a timely manner. It stinks to have to deal with medicine when you are seven. He has a little pill box, very similar to my granddads, with an opening for every day of the week. I always assumed I'd have one of those things before any of my kids would. I know I shouldn't whine about it. There are many who have much more serious ailments. I've worked with diabetic children who have to inject themselves with insulin daily. One family I follow closely has a child with cancer who will very likely succumb to the disease. I feel fortunate that my kids are generally very healthy. I just can't help but ache when Evan is suffering inside.

On a lighter note: I thought I might need a prescription for a sedative by the time I got in touch with the doctor today. I can't stand their phone system. I spent the better part of the morning just trying to leave a message for the nurse to call me back. They must have 75 different options and you have to listen to every one of them before you can leave a message. They give you every bit of information you could ever want about the doctors, office policies, prescription refill protocol, etc. They insist you hang up if it is an emergency and call 911. I'd be dead if it were an emergency and I'd gotten that far in the message. They say if you need to speak with someone quickly, just dial "0" BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE A DOCTOR or HOSPITAL! {GROWL} I called last week but couldn't leave a message because they will not accept messages between 11-2. The voice on the line said "please TRY calling back at a later time." They must recognize the challenge.

1 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 12:26 AM, Blogger texasinafrica said...

The verse popping up at the top of your blog today is Jeremiah 32:17: "...Nothing is too hard for you." That's my prayer for y'all through this, that you will know that nothing is too hard for God, and that he will provide for Evan and for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>