Verse of the Day!

Monday, February 13, 2006

My gift to Regina

I feel as though I have been forced to respond. In response to Regina's post about conversation hearts, Brittney gave me all kinds of gift ideas for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, she didn't do this until Sunday afternoon and she also didn't help me out by telling me where I might actually purchase this stuff.

Elizabeth, however, went the extra mile and actually sent me to ebay with a gift idea. She also found a "heartmaker" site that she passed along to Brittney, who then passed it onto me.

After all this build-up, I really feel like the pressure is on to get Regina something good for Valentine's Day. I'll be the first to tell you that gift-giving is not one of my love languages. Luckily, receiving gifts is not one of Regina's, either. (Or maybe it is and I've been in big trouble for 11 1/2 years!!!) I guess I'll have to work extra hard this year. (Too bad Conor didn't pick up an extra pair of those groovy socks.)

The thing with the hearts is that she just really likes to eat them. (Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself of that since I never thought to buy her anything like the stuff Brit found.) The bath confetti might be nice and the kids would eat the pez. The barrett would actually look cute in Lindsay's hair. Maybe I'll get her some of those cookies. I bet she'd share...

Anyway, Regina, since I can't buy you 1.6 million hearts with custom messages, here are some you can look at while you eat the boring store-bought ones. You can pretend these messages are printed on there...









(Perhaps Regina can expand on this in a different post, but she actually tried to get people to call her Gina for a short while. It didn't work.)

And happy 11.5th (or however you would write that) anniversary!

4 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that post, Mark! So sweet. Regina, what a lucky gal!
(also so happy to have helped you along with your "research")

 
At 2/13/2006 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's your anniversary and Valentine's day? Do we need to call a babysitter for the night?

 
At 2/13/2006 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now I see the 1/2 there. Well still, do we need to call the babysitting patrol????

 
At 2/13/2006 2:36 PM, Blogger mark said...

Regina has something at the boys' school tonight and I have BSF. The boys and I have Upward practice from 5 to 7 tomorrow. Then church on Wednesday. Maybe we'll be able to celebrate on Thursday, although by then Regina will want in the kids in bed by 7 so she can go to bed at 7:30. With 3 kids, that's the way things go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>