Verse of the Day!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

And they are off...

Mark and Drew left around 10:00 last night with 80 of Drew's schoolmates and teachers. They were headed for Big Bend National Park. I don't imagine anyone got much good sleep on the bus. They watched movies and snacked until around midnight when kids started dozing off. They arrived at McDonald's in Fort Stockton at 5:30 a.m (an hour and a half earlier than expected...hmmm). They made it to the park around 10:45. This will be an amazing trip! My only concern is that Drew wasn't placed in a "family" with any of his friends. I am praying he builds new relationships and bonds with his "dad" Bernie Battles.

Grandma is here taking care of us. We have all been sick. We sent Drew on the trip with a fairly new case of Strep Throat (treated, of course). Total bummer! I sent antibiotics for Mark but I almost certain he won't take them. Evan is finally better and is now enjoying doing Sodoku puzzles with Grandma.

I cleaned out every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen tonight. Sounds like fun, huh? It wasn't my idea. My mom suggested it. Once I started I couldn't stop! I always get a lot done when Mark is not here. I threw away 3 large trash bags FULL of plastic cups and stuff. I don't know how this stuff gets so out of control. I think it multiplies in the cabinets at night.

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 12:05 AM, Blogger texasinafrica said...

WOW. What a cool trip! Although I have to say I'm glad I'm not the chaperone for that bus ride... Hope y'all are feeling better! And you're so right about plasticware - it's worse than rabbits in terms of multiplying overnight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>