Verse of the Day!

Friday, February 24, 2006

A New Chapter

I wasn't sure I was going to blog on this yet. I am still sort of in a state of shock. I had plenty of warning but I didn't think it would really happen. I've considered it for several years but only in the back of my mind. And now, it is a reality. I am moving back into the working world. Not like a normal 40 hours per week gig, goodness no. Right now, only 4 hours per week. I know what you must be thinking. Don't push yourself, Regina.

I will be working at Baylor as a Consulting Dietitian. It really is a dream job. God is so good! I am convinced that this is what I am suppose to be doing and the timing is perfect. We were in discussion about this job about two years ago and then Baylor went into a hiring freeze. I know that was God closing the door because I was not ready then. Now that Lindsay is older and in Preschool, I have the time to take on this responsibility. The job will likely grow to more hours (hopefully around the time that Lindsay goes to Kindergarten.) I am excited but nervous. I have worked at the same hospital in different capacities for 12 years. This will be something completely new. I have been praying for God to show me "my gift" and how I can use it to His Glory and how I can live each day with eternal value. I truely believe that this is what he wants me to do. I can share God's love with students who are suffering and struggling through my chosen profession!

I will be doing some intense education in the coming month along with a few trips. I am going to Remunda Ranch in Arizona next month for a Professional visit. I also plan to attend a workshop and shadow a few dietitians at other universities. I have lots of continuing education to complete in order to be prepared to meet the needs of these particular students.

I am thankful to God for this answer to prayer. He is truely an Awesome God!

7 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger TheCrazySquirrel said...

I need a job!!!

 
At 2/24/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger mark said...

isn't my wife awesome? you'll do great!

and don't worry about flying by yourself. you can do that, too!

 
At 2/25/2006 6:13 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

That sounds so great! I know you will be such a blessing through that position and it is much needed!

 
At 2/27/2006 8:58 AM, Blogger Momma G said...

You GO Girl!!! Congrats. I'm with you on the flying thing that Mark mentioned. I hate to fly by myself but I have found out it's not that bad.

 
At 2/27/2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Regina said...

It's not so much the flying. I love to fly. What bothers me is all the transfers from plane to plane. I have 40 minutes in Houston to catch another plane in a separate terminal. I have the sense of direction of a marshmellow. I also have a find my driver in Phoenix who will drive me 1.5 hours to the Ranch. That is alittle uncomfortable.

 
At 3/02/2006 7:29 AM, Blogger texasinafrica said...

How awesome! Congratulations, Regina - what a perfect opportunity!

 
At 3/03/2006 7:24 PM, Blogger Regina said...

Thanks Laura. You give me inspiration by travelling the world. Makes me feel bad for being such a weenie just going a few states away. Hope all is well in Africa. Evan loves following along by Blog. He says he can't wait to go to Africa one day and "tell those people to be nice and love each other."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>