Verse of the Day!

Friday, February 24, 2006

A New Chapter

I wasn't sure I was going to blog on this yet. I am still sort of in a state of shock. I had plenty of warning but I didn't think it would really happen. I've considered it for several years but only in the back of my mind. And now, it is a reality. I am moving back into the working world. Not like a normal 40 hours per week gig, goodness no. Right now, only 4 hours per week. I know what you must be thinking. Don't push yourself, Regina.

I will be working at Baylor as a Consulting Dietitian. It really is a dream job. God is so good! I am convinced that this is what I am suppose to be doing and the timing is perfect. We were in discussion about this job about two years ago and then Baylor went into a hiring freeze. I know that was God closing the door because I was not ready then. Now that Lindsay is older and in Preschool, I have the time to take on this responsibility. The job will likely grow to more hours (hopefully around the time that Lindsay goes to Kindergarten.) I am excited but nervous. I have worked at the same hospital in different capacities for 12 years. This will be something completely new. I have been praying for God to show me "my gift" and how I can use it to His Glory and how I can live each day with eternal value. I truely believe that this is what he wants me to do. I can share God's love with students who are suffering and struggling through my chosen profession!

I will be doing some intense education in the coming month along with a few trips. I am going to Remunda Ranch in Arizona next month for a Professional visit. I also plan to attend a workshop and shadow a few dietitians at other universities. I have lots of continuing education to complete in order to be prepared to meet the needs of these particular students.

I am thankful to God for this answer to prayer. He is truely an Awesome God!

4 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger TheCrazySquirrel said...

I need a job!!!

 
At 2/24/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger mark said...

isn't my wife awesome? you'll do great!

and don't worry about flying by yourself. you can do that, too!

 
At 2/25/2006 6:13 PM, Blogger T said...

That sounds so great! I know you will be such a blessing through that position and it is much needed!

 
At 3/02/2006 7:29 AM, Blogger texasinafrica said...

How awesome! Congratulations, Regina - what a perfect opportunity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>