Verse of the Day!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

In the spirit of the Olympics

As I was cleaning the bathrooms today, I began to wonder how it could be that two little boys can make such a mess around the toilet area. Normally it is not too bad. I have to admit, it has been too long since I really scrubbed the floors in the bathroom. Today I remembered why it has been that long! It's not my favorite job.

I have a little note above the potty that says: 1) Use good aim 2) Flush 3) Put seat down 4 ) Wash hands. I don't know if they really follow these rules. I would hope so. Those who have visited us and used that bathroom, that note is not for you!!!

I REALLY try to emphasize shooting accuracy. I think they try but when they wake up groggy eyed, they don't point they just shoot. So what is my solution to this age old problem? Well, you know how competitive men are. So, I think we should make target urinating an Olympic sport. That is when we will see some sparkling bathroom floors. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will. When the boys were potty training, we had little targets for them to try to "shoot." They also liked to use Cheerios. Did you know how versatile Cheerios could be?

What is the big deal about standing anyway? It would be neater if they just sat every time. When Lindsay was one, she would stand in the bathroom and try to "go" by holding and pointing her belly button towards the potty. She knew she didn't have the same part as the boys but she was going to try to make due with what she had.

Enough about the potty. I guess I have been hanging around Drew too long. He thinks anything pertaining to the bathroom is hilarious. Oh, the joys of a 3rd grade boy!

2 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Papa Steve said...

How to respond to your blog....

Well, first off, the answer to your question about why men and boys don't sit, is very similar to the question "Why climb Mount Everest?" the only difference being, the answer, "Because it's there", becomes, "Because we can".

Secondly, loathe to admit it, we really aren't very good aims. The results are unpredictable at best and we are bound to miss a good portion of the time, (even using targets). I hope this is not too graphic, but you brought up the subject.

Thirdly, because of point one above, we are unlikely to pay the consequences for having missed, (since we likely won't be the next ones to sit on the seat), so we are oblivious to the discomfort our actions have caused, and tend to not bother to lift the seat in the first place, since we will just have to lower it again later, or face the wrath of a woman who has inadvertently failed to check the seat status and ended up slightly damp from a quick dunk.

Oh, and by the way, potty humor goes way beyong third grade, particularly with boys/men, just ask Mark.

 
At 2/24/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger micah said...

You know that may not be a bad idea. The Dutch are already trying it. Check this out:
Dutch Urinal Fly

You can even get one on ebay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>