Verse of the Day!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Confusion... & discouragement

Perhaps it was my misunderstanding...

I thought that with the Depakote ER in Evan's system that we would still exhibit some abnormal activity on the EEG, but that the medicine would "mask" the symptoms so that we wouldn't see seizures. I guess I was wrong, though this seems to be what was happening to some extent.

Dr. R came by the hospial to check on Evan. He didn't like what he saw on the EEG so far. The abnormal activity was pretty constant. He was hoping to see very little, if any. When he is discouraged, it is very discouraging to us. Maybe Evan has all that stuff going on in there and he finally gives out at night and can't handle any more and becomes aggressive and unruly. He hopes to see his aggression, etc. tonight to see what's going on in that brain of his when he's acting out. Dr. R wants me to go up there tomorrow so that he can meet with both Regina and me.

Pray for patience for Evan and peace for Regina. If any of my faithful readers are in Dallas, I'm sure they would love a visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>