Verse of the Day!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

last week of summer break

Sometime very early this morning, Drew came to our room and wanted to get into our bed. This is not normal for him. It didn't take us long to figure out why. The sky was filled with amazing lightning and thunder. I can't remember ever hearing such loud thunder. Before long, Lindsay joined us. Evan followed soon after her. You know the weather has to be bad to wake Evan up. He sleeps like a rock. Have you ever tried to sleep in a queen size bed with five people? It's not a comfortable situation! Lindsay and I decided that we would let the boys stay with dad and we would move to her room. This was a great idea except I forgot what a talker she can be. She wanted to talk about hairbows, pillows, toys and many other things that didn't seem important at the time. We finally did get back to sleep but I know I saw the sun start to creep up before her eyelids were shut!

The weather this morning was terrible and we didn't have electricity for part of the time. We were supposed to go to Salado but decided that we should stay put. We've really spent a lot of time in the car lately. We didn't go the distance that we did last year but our vacation was just as fun. The kids loved learning some Texas history in Austin and San Antonio. The Bob Bullock museum is a must see!! Our yearly trek to Port Aransas was great fun like always and a blast to share with friends and spend time with family. We spent 10 days at the beach and have the tan lines to prove it!

Our Plano trip on Tuesday was great. We visited the Dallas Zoo after Evan's appointment. Please continue to pray for Evan. I hope that once he gets back into a routine that he will begin to respond better. My biggest prayer for him once school starts is that he will be able to wake up on time to get to school. He slept until 10:00 last week and that is how he likes it!

We are heading to another family reunion this weekend. We will stay with my mom in Houston and hopefully get to see lots of my family as well as Mark's. It seems like we will be going full speed right up until the 8:00 bell rings on Monday morning!

2 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...I have been reading your posts. Found ya'll through Micah Lamb. Your story has been stirring me. I will be praying for you guys. Blessings, peace and grace. I know that Jesus must be with you guys, as I see the hope shinin through your posts.

 
At 8/15/2005 4:48 PM, Blogger mark said...

Thanks James. It's comforting to know that there are so many people praying for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>