Verse of the Day!

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

The family spent some quality time filling out heartfelt Valentine's cards for Mike and Harry's classes. What better way to say "I love you!" than with Scooby Doo and Spiderman? As they did this with parental supervision, making sure not to skip anyone on the list (we wouldn't want to offend anyone would we?), it made me wonder- did I hand these out to all my classmates when I was younger? Or just to the ones I liked? Or even just to the girls? (Perhaps this is why there is so much sexual confusion among kids these days- after all, as elementary school kids they are forced to give notes of affection to the boys, as well as the girls. Hmmm...) I don't remember any feelings of sadness or loneliness at getting none, but I also don't remember being deluged with them from everyone in the class. Maybe it was somewhere in between...

I'll be enjoying my Valentine's Day at basketball practice with Mike and Harry. The Mom and I will have to celebrate our love another evening. That's usually when we get to celebrate our love, anyway- around other people's schedules. Why pick one day to do this, anyway? Shouldn't a husband and wife celebrate their love every day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>