Verse of the Day!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

PANNYHOSE

So I am not the only one who can't seem to find time to blog . I haven't even had time to sit down and READ blogs which is one of my favorite things to do. I've been working a lot (if a few hours a week can be considered a lot). I count it as a workday if I have to put hose on, even for just an hour or two.

Working on campus has been fun because Mark and I have been able to meet for lunch several times. We've even eaten in the dorms a few times. I know you are jealous! On one occassion, a girl sat down in the booth right beside us. A few minutes later, she got a phone call and she began to bawl. She was trying to be quiet about it but she wasn't doing a good job. Mark and I looked at each other and had no idea what to do. She made a phone call and sobbed some more unintellegible words into the phone. She pushed her tray of food aside and continued to cry. A few minutes later, a girl came running towards her and wrapped her arms around her. Between sobs, the girl tells her friend that her boyfriend just broke up with her over the phone. We can't help but hear all of this. Wow! Talk about being in an uncomfortable situation. So much for a quiet, romantic lunch with the hubby!

Mark and I visited a magnet middle school called Carver Academy last week. We were invited on a "learning walk" to check out all the wonderful things this school has to offer. I can't believe we are having to think about middle school for one of our own kids! Something seems so wrong about that! As I walked the halls at Carver, the smell, the lockers, the labs took me right back to 7th grade. All of a sudden I felt like I was 13 again. How are we old enough to be the parents?

We are off to see the Harlem Globbtrotters tonight. Lindsay's response: "not another boring basketball game!" Makes me glad we spent a small fortune on the tickets!


P.S. While we were studying for UIL spelling, Drew discovered how to spell PANTYHOSE. He said that because of our Texas accent, he always thought they were PANNYHOSE. Boy, am I glad he's got that straight now. BTW, They both did great in their UIL events!

4 Comments:

At 2/08/2007 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you wear "pannyhose" on your lunch date? You know it's a big date if you get all spruced up!

 
At 2/09/2007 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa taught at Carver...she could give you some inside scoop!

 
At 2/10/2007 2:10 PM, Blogger T said...

I did UIL Spelling for several years! Congrats to the boys!

 
At 2/13/2007 2:10 PM, Blogger regina said...

I'd love to talk about Carver. I don't think it is really an option at this point. I think we will pull our children out of school after 5th grade and concentrate on burger flipping skills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>