Verse of the Day!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Caught with his pants down...

That got your attention, huh?

Evan had another seizure Sunday night. It was a pretty big disappointment the night before school. We had hoped that his seizures would be behind us when he returned to school.

He was getting ready to take a shower. I had left for a minute and when I came back, he had his pants around his ankles and was making no effort to continue with the process. When I moved in front of him, he was staring blankly.

I asked him if he was having a seizure, and he said 'yes.' In that sense, the seizure didn't seem as "deep," but it lasted longer. I don't know if deep/shallow are accurate ways at all to describe a seizure, but he verbally responded to me the majority of time when I would ask him a question, so it didn't seem to be as "deep" into his brain. However, he wouldn't look where I wanted him to and he couldn't follow my finger, which is a pretty tell-tale sign of a seizure.

This lasted for about 15 minutes, which is one of his longer seizures. Even though is was "shallower," the length of it was pretty discouraging. He had his normal headache afterwards. I didn't want to leave him alone, so I helped him with his shower and it seemed like he had a hard time standing up straight. He was off to bed right after his shower, but he seemed to feel fine when he woke up the next morning.

Pray that his seizures will stop, but if they don't that they will at least happen in "convenient" places, such as home. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>